Saturday 1 November 2008

New month and a bit further on, the first stage of the rear end is all tacked up. So it's now time to start putting the chassis plates on, I got these from 3GE and they are beautifly laser cut shame my welding skills arn't as good.Add Image



















I mentioned last time that I got hold of a Rage 3 Mitre Saw and as others have found the clamps are not that good, aftyer a bit of head scratching I had a simple way of making them better. Very easy to do just grind/file a flat on the circular edge as shown on the pics.




2 comments:

Ron said...

Hello Rich,
I'm a guy living in the Netherlands and also building this car.
I'm exact as fare as you are at the moment.
If you send me your email address I will send you photo's of my project.
Maybe we can learn from each other during the building of our projects.
Sorry for my not so perfect English writing.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Ron van Slooten
Living in a very small town in the middle of the Netherlands called Vorchten

Richard Deacon (Shadowcaster) said...

Hi Ron sorry for not replying sooner been quite ill. Your English is much better than my Dutch. My contact details are on the Haynes Roadster Forum if you hav'nt already joined I can heartaly recomend it, also the Locost forum is a great site.