Tuesday 28 October 2008

New toys and a bit further with the build


































Not updated in a while reason being hav'nt been feeling to well. So what has been done, well the the chassis is now starting to look like a real chassis top rails are now on and a start has been made to the rear section.










I also decieded to invest in some new tools namly a bench drill, bench grinder, bench sander, a 9" Angle grinder and a Rage 3 Mitre saw, not the most expensive you can buy but should serve me well for the build. So far I am very impressed with the Rage saw it cuts steel nicely and very cleanly, it's also good for wood plastics and ali so it should be good for a lot of household chores.
I was was having a lot of grief with the welding blowing holes a change to 0.6mm wire has helped a lot but I could still not see what I was welding too well so I have now got a Parweld helmet and god has that made a difference it's in a different league to the cheap E Bay one I foolishly bought and was not that much more expensive so a good tip there don't get the cheapies from E Bay..



No comments: